[Update 08:00 – 10/10/20]
[Update 11:00 – 10/9/20]
From Monday 14 September, The government has announced a change to social distancing where;
• People must not meet with others from other households socially in groups of more than 6. This will apply indoors and outdoors, including in private homes. This change will simplify and clarify the rules on social gatherings, so they are easier to understand and easier for the police to enforce. There will be a limited number of exemptions. COVID-19 Secure venues, such as places of worship, restaurants and hospitality venues, can still host larger numbers in total but groups of up to 6 must not mix or form larger groups. This rule will not apply to individual households or support bubbles of more than 6 who will still be able to gather together. Education and work settings are unaffected, and organised team sports will still be able to proceed, as will weddings and funerals up to 30. From Monday, this limit will be enforceable in law.
• Businesses will have a clear duty to support NHS Test and Trace. From 18 September, it will be mandatory for certain businesses to have a system to collect NHS Test and Trace data, and keep this for 21 days. Core COVID-19 Secure requirements will be mandated for hospitality businesses, and egregious breaches enforced. The government has also published simplified COVID-19 Secure guidance, available here.
• The government will support Local Authorities and police forces to respond to breaches of COVID-19 Secure guidelines. the government will launch a register of newly qualified and recently retired Environmental Health Officers (EHOs) so that Local Authorities can recruit more quickly and fill any gaps. In addition, thru will introduce COVID-19 Secure Marshals to help local authorities support social distancing in towns and city centres.
[Updated 17:00 18/3/20]
Regarding the Government’s recent update and its recommendations on social distancing, we wanted to update you with what we are doing at Ocean Beach Pleasure Park following the announcement. The health and wellbeing of our guests and staff is our priority, and as such we are making some changes to help ensure our guests remain safe during their visit with us.
It’s important that if you do feel unwell or are in self-isolation following a member of your household showing symptoms of coronavirus, we ask you to postpone your visit until you are fully recovered.
As a large outdoor attraction, we’re developing plans to maintain space and social distance as guests move around the park, in addition to the enhanced cleaning regimes and availability of hand sanitisation products at all major rides and most smaller ones.
We ask all those who visit Ocean Beach Pleasure Park to observe closely our guidelines on maintaining a safe distance between each other and to upkeep good hygiene practices.
- Social distancing – Our staff have measures in place to maintain a safe distance (approx. 1 metre) between guests in areas where people normally congregate (for example queue lines, show arenas, restaurants). Information on social distancing will be readily available at arrival and around the attraction, and our staff are there to provide advice and guidance on what to do.
- Proximity – Where close proximity between guests and staff is necessary, for example in checking ride harnesses, we will keep this to a minimum and operate in line with the latest guidance. This might mean that some rides and attractions may not be available during your visit. We ask you to also avoid cash transactions if possible, you can purchase tickets online and collect on arrival from the Middle Arcade.
- Frequent hand washing – We continue to implement enhanced cleaning regimes throughout the Park and place hand sanitisation products. All team members will wash hands at least every two hours and we ask you try to do the same.
We want to help as much as we can. Ocean Beach remains open at this present time. If you still want to go ahead with your visit, we look forward to seeing you.
We appreciate this is a difficult time for many. We want to stay open to provide a happy and fun experience for our guests, but we will always act in accordance with the government and health authority recommendations and may be required to make further changes in the near future. As we continue to monitor the situation as it develops, we will provide you with updates across our social media channels and our website.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.