General Rules and Conditions
- Height and all other restrictions apply on rides
- Ocean Beach Management Limited reserves the right to withdraw or change any offers without prior notice
- On very rare occasions weather can stop play meaning rides will close or do not open
- Rides and attractions may be temporarily closed, withdrawn or otherwise unavailable at any time due to technical or operational reasons, power failure or unforeseen weather conditions
- We cannot refund credit on Fun Card or Wristbands for the reason of adverse weather conditions.
- Ocean Beach Management Limited reserves the right to close rides early for the safety of our guests and staff
- See full Opening Times here
- Limited opening times of some attractions and rides will operate at certain times of the year.
- Please read the signs at each ride entry and observe the rules for your safety.
- Children under 12 must be supervised by a responsible person, aged 16 or over, at all times.
- The Ride Operator’s instructions must be obeyed at all times and the Management reserve the right to refuse entry onto the ride to any person without reason. Safety rules are strictly observed.
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult on some rides – see signs by the rides or on our website rides page.
- Some rides have height and age restrictions.
- Vouchers are not transferable and accordingly may not be sold or passed to any third party without prior permission
- Any physical offer vouchers will be retained by Ocean Beach Pleasure Park at the point of sale
- We continue to advise anyone with or suspecting they have any COVID-19 symptoms not to visit the park. The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are the recent onset of a new, continuous cough or a high temperature (over 38°C) or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell.
- For the safety of yourself, other guests and our team please follow the advised guidelines when planning and during your visit
- We provide hand sanitisation facilities. So please use the hand sanitiser dispensers located and clearly signposted around the park
- To help with social distancing and hygiene we operate a contactless Tap & Play Fun Card to replace our previous ticket/token system. These can be booked online in advance from our website or using the free APP (see Apple store and Google Play Store) and also from kiosks and the Promenade Arcades around the park.
- Please be prepared to make contactless payments.
- Our restaurants, cafes and takeaway kiosks will be open but please bear in mind many of these will operate in different ways to that which you have been used to, please follow their guidelines and signage.
- We operate a NO SMOKING POLICY within ALL arcades, this includes the use of electronic cigarettes.
- The management of Ocean Beach Pleasure Park reserves the right to refuse entry into the Park to any person without reason and to carry out any searches of belongings or persons prior to or after entry to the Park for reasons of security.
- Please note the following with regard to Park admission:
- Any guest who appears to be under the influence of alcohol and/or found possessing, using or who appears to be under the influence of illegal substances will be refused admission or escorted from the Park without the right to refund.
- Any person found to be in the possession of an article deemed to be offensive or dangerous will be either refused admission or immediately escorted from the Park without the right to a refund and be open to prosecution
- Ocean Beach Pleasure Park is committed to ensuring that all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We will therefore not tolerate any form of violence or aggression by our guests which may affect our staff or the enjoyment of our other guests. Admission will be refused or the guest will be escorted from the Park without right to refund.
- Dogs or pets are only admitted into the Park when on a lead, this includes fully registered assistance dogs in a harness (proof of registration may be requested).
- Skateboards, Roller Skates, Hoverboards, Roller Blades, Wheeled Shoes/’Heelys’, Bikes, Trikes or Scooters are banned from use in the Park for Health and Safety reasons.
- Guests are requested to wear a shirt/top at all times.
- Barbeques are not permitted in the Park or Car Parks under any circumstances.
- Please be aware that some rides do have flash photography.
- By entering the Park you consent to us photographing or filming you and using the resulting pictures for any promotional purpose without payment to you.
- If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed, please contact Guest Information on arrival.
- Ocean Beach Pleasure Park will not be held responsible for any photography carried out at the Park by a third party.
For more information please see our Privacy Notice.
Violence and Aggression Policy
Ocean Beach Pleasure Park will not tolerate any form of aggression or any act or threat of violence to a member of our staff or guest at the Park. If such an incident should occur, steps will be taken to evict the person from the Park and if necessary the Police will be called. Examples of threatening or violent behaviour include:
- Intimidation such as shouting or swearing.
- Threatening behaviour in the form of verbal threats, gestures and obstruction etc.
- Possession of any weapon, regardless of the lack of any overt threat to use it.
- Being incapable whilst under the influence of drink & / or drugs.
- Any unwanted physical contact.
- Personal insults.
- Sexual or racial harassment.
Fun Cards (Ticketing)
- Ocean Beach Management Limited reserves the right to withdraw or change ticketing offers without prior notice
- Fun Cards have no valid dates, do not expire and may be used throughout the season, simply top up credit – if left unused for 18 months any credits on a Fun Card will expire
- Any “Special Offers” cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount
- If buying online, confirmation of your purchase will be emailed to your registered email address and must presented to the cashier or the OTP number entered at a self service kiosk
- Register your Fun Card – online, at park kiosks and via our App – this will enable you to check card use, check credit balance and top up remotely without queuing. We retain this registration info to aid if Fun Cards are lost, when issuing a replacement if required – Registration is the customers responsibility
- We do not issue refunds on remaining credits
Half Price Rides
- At certain points through the season Ocean Beach may operate Half Price rides, advertised on our website and social media pages, meaning the advertised credits cost per ride is halved
- Your Fun Card automatically deducts the required credits during these dates and times so you don’t need to do anything yourself
- Management reserve the right to change or withdraw offers at any times
- Half Price applies to ALL outdoor rides and most indoor arcade games and attractions too including Laserforce just use the Tap & Play readers
- Food kiosks and a few selected arcade skill games are excluded
- All rides, dates and times dependent on weather and visitor numbers
School Trip Offers
- Discounted riding is available to schools, educational facilities, charities and other groups (May – July)
- School or Group visits wishing to benefit from this offer must book a minimum of 48 hours in advance
- A minimum purchase amount may be required depending on the date of your visit and group size
- Proof of establishment will be required
- Ocean Beach Pleasure Park accepts no responsibility for the supervision of any child
- Risk Assessment and Public Liability Insurance available upon request
- All children must be supervised by a responsible adult
- On very rare occasions weather can stop play. If weather conditions deem necessary, Management reserves the right to close early for the safety of our guests
- Call 0191 456 1617 to enquire about booking your trip
Lost or Damaged Property
- The Ocean Beach cannot be held responsible for the loss of or damage to belongings, personal items or clothing whilst visiting the park, on rides or in arcades or the surrounding areas
- Ride signage states when rides are considered ‘wet’
- Visitors must adhere to Ride Operators instructions and must not leave belongings or personal items unattended
- In the event any lost items are found or handed in to Ocean Beach customers may reclaim their property from the Middle Arcade – ID or verification may be required – the arcade can be contacted on 0191 456 1617 during park opening hours
- Unclaimed lost property items older than 30 days may be destroyed unless awaiting pre-arranged collection
- Carer’s Passes are issued at the discretion of and by Ocean Beach Management only in conjunction with the purchase of ride tickets for the person requiring care
- Carer’s passes are for Carers NOT those with disabilities seeking to ride
- Carers must complete a form AND provide satisfactory ID
- Acceptable ID is either an official and valid Carer’s Badge if working for an organisation or in respect of parents caring for children an official letter of DLA or carer status for each person requesting a Carer’s Pass. We can not accept the MAX card as proof of ID for the Carer’s Pass.
- Only One (1) carer pass may be issued per person being cared for, in the form of a worn wristband and accompanying confirmation form slip
- Carer may not ride alone under any circumstances
- On Good Friday, Bank Holidays and Special Event days, due to increased visitor numbers and for the safety of all park visitors, issuing Carer’s passes/wristbands is at the Management’s discretion
- Carer’s Passes are issued on a ‘fair usage’ basis, any abuse of this system may result in passes being withdrawn
- Ocean Beach Management Limited reserves the right to cancel any carer’s pass used incorrectly
- All competitions run relating to Ocean Beach and Quasar are subject to these terms and conditions.
- Prizes are offered subject to availability and must be collected in person unless individual rules otherwise state
- Collection of prizes must be made in a timely manner following notification, and before any specified ‘use by’ date, otherwise they may be forfeited
- Specific rules and entry requirements are given wherever competitions are displayed in print, on our website or social media and subject to each platforms entry requirements
Personal Data / GDPR
- Ocean Beach Management Limited’s mailing list operates a ‘Double – opt-in’ system to prevent fraudulent use of your email information
- You can alter the information you have given us or unsubscribe at any time
- We will never share your data with others, only using it for our own marketing as you have agreed
- We do NOT hold any card payment details during or following the completion of a transaction
- Personal data used to process and verify purchases (names, emails, addresses, mobile numbers etc.) are encrypted by our hosting environment